Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another visit upcoming

The missionaries called us again and are coming over Tuesday night. I am going to get some pizzas for them because I have been to a number of missionary apartments and they generally live like animals (put a couple of 20 year old guys with no money in and apartment, and it is a wonder they don't turn to cannibalism when the noodles run out!)

My goal for Tuesday night is to dig deeper into the idea of the priesthood, and focus the conversation on the same vein as in the post below. What is the priesthood in the OT, what is the role of Christ, why do we need a new priesthood given the office of Christ? It is a delicate balance because I want them to keep coming back, so I need prayer that I will be firm and bold in declaring Christ but not hostile or confrontational. It is easier with missionaries because we have a soft spot for these young men. I loved going out with them when we were mormons, and having them over for dinner weekly. They for the most part have been spoon fed mormonism since they were small children, and it takes time to unravel the lie while showing them a better way through the Christ of the Bible.

2 comments:

Jessicasheley said...

I'm really curious to hear how this visit goes! BTW, I posted a link to your blog over on my blog. I love the name for your blog! Very creative!

Arthur Sido said...

It went very well! I am putting together a brief post about it...