Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This might get interesting


The missionaries were supposed to come over tonight but they stopped over last night to tell us they couldn't make it because there is a "Fireside" Tuesday in the area. One of the "General Authorities", Paul Pieper, is speaking. They invited me to come and you can bet that I will be there. I am really hoping there is a chance to ask questions.

Let me be clear. I have a heart for the missionaries, these young men are lost and deluded. They are preaching a false gospel but many of them have never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It breaks my heart to see them so eager and so zealous for such a pernicious lie.

Adult mormons are somewhat different. Many of them have little excuse outside of their own sinful, unregenerate nature for rejecting Christ. They may have family or social reasons for staying in the church. As a former mormon, I know that those ties are strong and it takes a mighty work of God to break them.

Mormon leaders are a different story. These men are mature and have been mormons for a long time. They are not only lost, they are deceivers, false prophets and wolves. These men have certainly heard the Gospel at some point and have rejected it for the false gospel of mormonism. They know the lie and they still propagate for their own motivation. This man coming to speak tonight is one of the top 100 mormons in the world. I pray that he will be saved by Christ but until that happens I plan to boldly declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ to him and rest in the comfort of knowing that God is sovereign in all things. We are meeting at seven this evening, please pray.

I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with tears. (Acts 20:29-31)

1 comment:

Kendall said...

"I am really hoping there is a chance to ask questions."
I was wondering what questions you would have asked him